IMPORTANT THINGS TO BE REMEMBERED
1. Always Prepare for teaching-learning activities in advance
2. While preparing have a clear idea about
A. Concepts / sub concepts in the topic
B. TLM to be prepared
a) Power points
b) In groups
e) Role Play
3. Blend (a) (b) and (c) above through your planning & Advance preparation to make the lessons interesting & learner oriented
4. Try always to provide’hands on’ experience to children during activities.
5. Arrange short field trips to make the concepts clear in EVS & in other subjects.
6. After a field trip & before a trip always have a ‘Brain storming Session.’
7. Create a Stress Free and democratic environment in the Class.
8. After a lesson is completed through TLM & activities to your satisfaction, do not rest.
9. Try now to take the lesson beyond the walls of the class room.
10. Trigger interest, motivate children to refer to additional material from library & internet(Small projects
11.Always discuss/present the additional information collected by students in the class. Appreciate & Encourage
12. Encourage children to write neatly, regularly in their notebooks with proper index.
13. Act as Facilitators and not as information givers.
14. Help student to ‘Construct Knowledge’through the experiences & activities you provide.
1) Promote Reading habits through class libraries.
2) Draw advance from the Principal/HM to prepare relevant, meaningful TLM well in advance.
3) See that the Classroom, furniture etc are neat & well arranged.
4) Settle your TLM advance with Principal/HM every month.
5) Plan, encourage to bring out a class Bulletin, Class Magazine.
6) Keep in touch with parents for Periodic discussion/counseling
7) Ignite & Display the creative talent of children in Art, Music, Dance Drama & games etc.
8) Make all Saturdays NO textbook Days. But have well in advance worksheets, Assessment Sheets, activities ready to make Saturday learning interesting & effective.
9) Promote Communicative Skills in English. Talk to and invite replies from, Students in English only
10) Give the students opportunities in class in use English
11) Reading cards must be used One/or two in a Week by language teachers (in the way they have to be used) to promote regarding habits & comprehension.
III – Records to be maintained All the following records are to be maintained regularly & neatly and shown to the Principal/HM and to the Inspecting Officers.
a) teacher’s Diary, written in a meaningful manner.
b) Monthly TLM Records- prepared, used (Class & Section, subject,date) advance taken & advance refunded.
c) Power point presentations prepared and used with class, section, subject, & date.
d) Student’s profiles.
e) Grades of all students
f) Under achievers (list)- problems-remediation steps.
g) advance material/Books suggested by you and consulted by your students.
h) Field trips, class debates etc list with dates, subject, class & section.
i) Record of meeting with parents-point discussed.
j) Participation of your students in competitions of some standing-position obtained
k) Library reading done by students
Student wise, day/week wise/class wise
Book reviews etc- follow-up activites (quiz,story telling etc.)
l) Topic that strike you for innovations-The work undertaken etc.
1) Do not try to read, from text books and explain..
2) Do not go to class unprepared without TLM and Planned Activities.
3) D not be mere information givers but make students knowledge seekers and knowledge creators.
4) Do not snub children from asking questions.
5) Do not employ lecture method.
6) Do not create fear in the minds of Children.
7) Do not resort to corporal punishment.
8) Do not brand any learner as slow learner
9) Do not Start the Lesson as soon as you enter without ‘creating atmosphere’for learning.
10) Do not discourage students in any manner.
Implementation of Common Minimum Programme